Buying a home is probably the biggest investment you will make, with long-term financial ramifications. It calls for many informed decisions and for good advice from a real estate professional. When buying a home, you can learn from the knowledge and skill of a Real Estate Agent.
What I can do to help you buy the right home?
- I can help you determine how much home you can actually afford. Often, I can suggest additional ways to accrue the down payment and explain alternative financing methods. I can also introduce you to a mortgage counselor and arrange to have you “pre-approved” which can improve your negotiating position and enable you to achieve your home-buying objectives faster and with less stress.
- Provide client level services, I can work for you as a buyer’s agent and help negotiate the best price and terms for you. Or, I can serve as a seller’s sub-agent (or disclosed dual agent), acting as a liaison between you and the seller to present offers and counteroffers until an agreement is reached.
- I will help you work out a realistic idea of the home best suited to your needs – size, style, features, location, accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping, and other personal preferences.
- I have access to a listing of all available homes in the multi-list system, can evaluate them in terms of your needs and affordability, and will not waste your time showing you unsuitable homes.
- I can often suggest simple, imaginative changes that could make a home more suitable for you and improve its utility and value.
- I can supply information on real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and may be aware of proposed zoning changes that could affect your decision to buy.
- Although the law does not normally require an attorney to review documents or oversee real estate closings, I can provide you with a list of law practitioners to choose from if you would like to use the services of an attorney.
- I can help familiarize you with the closing process and they will obtain closing figures in advance of closing for your review.
- I can provide you with a list of qualified home inspectors, pest inspectors, surveyors, and help to coordinate inspection appointments.